On Wed, Apr 29, 2009 at 7:14 PM, David Pollak
<feeder.of.the.be...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> /classpath/date_2009_04_29_18_20/json.js

i don't really see many advantages to having the number half way
through the path, only disadvantages, it makes it slightly more
difficult to see / copy and paste the referenced path, for no real
bonus.

why not just use "?2009042912342343etc". the funny numbers in rails
are inode numbers or unix date stamps (can't remember which). japanese
style dates are much nicer. and use of "<currentyear>" makes it
completely obvious what the number is which is not the case for rails
style.

> On Wed, Apr 29, 2009 at 10:03 AM, Lee Mighdoll <l...@underneath.ca> wrote:
>> I think the browsers cache urls with params... a quick glance at the rails
>> docs suggest they expect these requests to be cached, though I haven't
>> tested it mysolf.

yes, the browsers cache.

Alex