My apologies. We had to move RequestVarEM to the lift-jpa module in order to
fix a circular dependency that was preventing Lift 1.1-M1 from going out. If
you're using Lift 1.0 then you should really be using ScalaJPA 1.0.
Otherwise, you need to use the lift-jpa module instead of scalajpa with the
following dependency:

<dependency>
  <groupId>net.liftweb</groupId>
  <artifactId>lift-jpa</artifactId>
  <version>1.1-M1</version>
</dependency>

The RequestVarEM trait also moved to the net.liftweb.jpa package, so you'll
need to modify that. Everything else in ScalaJPA stayed where it is. I'll
update the book.

Derek