Well instead of open_1 use openOr so that you wont get exceptions when
the Box is Empty. Also if you want when you to the redirect you could
propagate those RequestsVars as well so that your browser re-send
them. Now sure if this is what you'd want but should help avoiding
Empty request vars. But what I'd do is:

1. Since you are doing redirect with state in the function passed to
S.redirectTo you can set relevant values to your RequestVar's .. hence
when your page is rendered your request vars have the old values
potentially.
2. Use a StatefulSnippet and call redirectTo from the StatefulSnippet
not S. Hence you can save state inside your snippet and when redirect
happens, the same snippet instance would be used.

Br's,
Marius