What exactly is Lift-Core. When I read Chapter 7 of the Lift book, it
says that Lift-Core is

"The engine of the framework responsible for the request/response
lifecycle, the rendering pipeline, invoking the user's functions, etc.
We don't directly cover the core in this book because essentially all of
the functionality that we do cover sits on top of the core."

But when I look in the source code under lift-core, there's nothing
there except a pom.xml file that appears to pull a bunch of
dependencies, namely, lift-util, lift-webkit, lift-mapper, lift-machine,
lift-record, lift-textile, lift-facebook, lift-amqp, lift-xmpp, and
lift-widgets.

So does "lift-core" comprise these widgets? Or is the lift-core
something else? (The diagram in the book shows the Mapper, for example,
as being separate from the Core.)

Thanks for any help.

Chas.