fyi. if you smash css into a single file but continue using relative
urls in the css you'll end up with a slower page in the case that
you're using asset hosts to work around the browsers http connection
limit. when smashing into one file make sure to also apply the asset
host trick to any url() statements in the css by rewriting them to be
absolute urls rather than merely paths. commonly made mistake in the
ruby world at least, saddens me.