(Hmm, I replied yesterday but never saw the post, so apologies if both
eventually show up)

> Do you want everything to live in the same WAR file?

This is a standalone app -- no war file. Currently it is using an
embedded jetty server.

The application (agent) monitors machine tools on the manufacturing
floor and provides an http client api to higher-level applications
(eg, that might do predictive analysis, power optimization, etc). The
agent monitors many tools and can server many applications. Clients
can also request the agent stream data to it. The boxes installed on
the floor are not high end, so I need to keep the footprint as low as
possible. (For the curious, see mtconnect.org)

I guess what I am looking to lift for is cleaner request parsing,
dispatching to handlers, and especially infrastructure for concurrency
(via actors) and streaming of data over http. But I don't necessarily
need for lift to be the "application framework", although I won't
discount that if lift can be configured to include/boostrap only the
services that the agent actually needs.

Hopefully this adds some useful context.
-barry