You can use Lift perfectly fine without Ajax, javaScript or even
cookies. If you're turning off cookies from the container relative
paths for links, forms etc. will be provided with JSESSIONID quantity
for you so you don't have to do anything. This is otherwise known as
URL rewriting. So you can still have the same context semantics but
referred from URI not cookies.

Br's,
Marius