I think you mean and reading the src if the page I am on is the menu
item in question don't render - correct?  If so then the attribute(s)
are still not rendered from any part of the site and indeed the link
itself is not rendered when on the page that the Loc points to.  Can
you or anyone confirm that it works for them?

Thx

-- Ewan