On Jun 22, 3:25 am, DFectuoso <santiago1...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Well i went ahead and learn a lot from the lift-openId implementation
> and understand what I would need to do have lift-OAuth working
>
> It seems like i could do two things:
> 1) Get a OAuth java library that allows me to post, get, login and
> logout then create a OAuth.scala file where i create a trait of the
> OAuth Handler that would access to this methods, then create a object
> that extends from that trait; Then create a OAuthProtoUser.scala where
> I would have a trait for the MetaOAuthProtoUser with the Xhtml for
> login, override the menus that i would not use and perform the login
> and logout of the user as well as the post and get methods. Finally
> create a trait for the OAuthProtoUser that would allow me to store
> information about the user.

Besides Proto stuff we'd need an abstraction over OAuth artifacts.
Essentially a wrapper over their Java library.

> 2) Go ahead and have the login,logout, post and get methods on the
> OAuth.scala actually do the logic to get the tokens without a java
> library, this would mean creating some way of signing a url and body
> to post and get stuff from the request, access and user-auth Token Url
> or an url in the service.
>
> I have absolutely no experience with scala, java or lift but I really
> want to get some(by doing this type of stuff). So what do you think is
> better(for me to learn, for lift and for you).

I think it would be a good exercise. Once you're done with it we could
probably review it and maybe it'll get its way into Lift if some
committer doesn't implement it in the mean time, but regardless would
be a good exercise for you.

> Also, what part of this abstraction(and how) is the one to set the
> consumer_key, secret_key and the request urls?

In OAuth world consumer secret and consumer key are somehow invariants
as they impersonate a trusted service. So I would put them into a
Scala object where user can just set these quantities from Boot.

> Finally; a uber noob question, what is the equivalent of curl(php) or
> urllib/urlopen(python) that i would use in the second option to
> actually make the http request to ther other site? I think its a
> servlet but some trivial example on this would really help me =)

You can just use HttpUrlConnection, or Apache Http client.