You can also use REST + Record .... Please see here:
http://groups.google.com/group/liftweb/browse_thread/thread/b125f9d4e9ca10c8/5f871b2cf9f7099b?lnk=gst&q=REST+%26+Record#5f871b2cf9f7099b

It is a mechanism for automatically building Record objects from REST
query string params. Hence Lift already puts the data in a single
encapsulated context where you can apply validation etc. But Record
framework is not yet hooked up with DB so you'd still may want to use
Mapper framework.

Br's,
Marius