Ellis <ellis.whiteh...@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi Dan,
>
> I don't have an answer to your question, but maybe a suggestion.
> Eclipse does not work well with maven/scala/lift, and I really doubt
> it will anytime soon.

I don't know about the Maven part, but Eclipse works with Scala &
Lift. It's not nearly as functional as with Java, but I can edit,
compile and debug without too much trouble. Advanced stuff such as
completion, navigation etc. doesn't seem to work that well and I
sometimes need to do a "clean all" to get back into a working state

I'm using it daily without major pain, but await the 2.8 plugin (when
Lift moves to 2.8 :-)

I don't like Maven, so only use it to bootstrap the project. These steps works
for me (Eclipse EE 3.5, Scala 2.7.5):

mvn archetype:create -U -DarchetypeGroupId=net.liftweb \
-DarchetypeArtifactId=lift-archetype-basic \
-DarchetypeVersion=1.1-SNAPSHOT \
-DremoteRepositories=http://scala-tools.org/repo-snapshots \
-DgroupId=demo.helloworld -DartifactId=helloworld -Dversion=1.1-SNAPSHOT

verify it works: mvn jetty:run
Press Ctrl-C to stop
mvn eclipse:eclipse

In Eclipse:
- If you haven't already: Define M2_REPO classpath var to point to your
local maven repo (~/.m2/repository)
- Import the project you just created above
- Eclipse plugin don't like multiple output folders so modify your
projects build path
  * Remove all existing source folders
  * Add the source folders src/main/scala, src/main/resources,
  src/test/scala & src/test/resources, all with the same output folder
- Clean the project
- You can now launch src/test/RunWebApp as a Scala Application to have
jetty run inside eclipse and you can run debug etc
- Running specs with the Eclipse JUnit runner is possible but requires a
workaround, see the specs site.

/Jeppe