Good day, guys.

First of all, David, thanks for a great tool. I started my first project
yesterday and it's been fun so far.

I'm creating a URL shortener, and would like to know what the best practice
is for creating a light-weight controller that has no view (no associated
form).
Basically, clients will request:
http://localhost:8080/u/123
...and I will redirect to a URL which was saved under id=123

Here's my first attempt at mapping to the handler for these kind of URLs:
line 43/44:
http://github.com/opyate/yauser/blob/2ce8feb7da369f7fc3ef755a192c42ae40418811/src/main/scala/bootstrap/liftweb/Boot.scala

And, the handler:
http://github.com/opyate/yauser/blob/2ce8feb7da369f7fc3ef755a192c42ae40418811/src/main/scala/com/opyate/yauser/snippet/OURL.scala

This code does not work, at the moment. Here are the different use-cases and
associated failures:

1) If I request:
http://localhost:8080/u/123
...I get "The Requested URL /u/123 was not found on this server"

2) If I request:
http://localhost:8080/u/
...I get "The Requested URL /u/ was not found on this server"

3) If I request:
http://localhost:8080/u
...I get an HTTP 500 with:
net.liftweb.http.ResponseShortcutException: Shortcut
... on the line in the handler which does the actual redirect.

Thanks!

--
juan
Jonathan Swift<http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/j/jonathan_swift.html>