Hi,

This is really a servlet question, but I'll ask here because it is a
Lift project I'm having a problem with.

I have some media files (MP3s) which aren't being given the correct
MIME headers. I have other binary files (GIFs, PNGs, JPGs) which work
fine but when I visit the URL for the MP3 file, it renders the binary
stream as text in the browser rather than identifying the file as an
MP3. I'm no expert at this, but I assume it's the servlet container
not identifying the file type and therefore not sending the correct
MIME header. The files are stored on disc and are being served
statically, no Scala or Lift code involved.

Works fine with Jetty on my dev machine; the problem happens when I'm
running Winstone on the production machine. I'd rather not change
container for the sake of the problem although I'll switch to Jetty if
I really can't solve this.

Any suggestions?

Cheers

Joe