On Tue, Jul 21, 2009 at 9:21 AM, Dan Gravell<dan.grav...@talk21.com> wrote:
> Workspace in ~/ and installation in /opt/eclipse-3.4.2. plugins/ and
> features/ are writeable to some user I hadn't seen before (no
> mnemonic, only a numeric ID), the rest all read only to the user
> that's running it.

It's the read-only installation which was at the root of your problem
with 3.4.2. Upgrading to 3.5 would have also fixed the problem, and
there are also other ways of avoiding have to install the IDE to /opt
but they're somewhat fiddly and system-specific.

Seeing as you're up and running now I'd suggest leaving things as they
are. However, keep this in mind if you upgrade the Scala IDE before
your update to Eclipse 3.5.

Cheers,

Miles

--