Naftoli,

Can you explain what your trying to do? My assumption is that you have a
secondary jar away from your WAR and you want to load template from there? A
completely valid use case...

Right now there are ways of doing it but you then don't get a lot of the
stuff lift provides for free (like template localization) - you would
essentially need to re-implement this if you need it.

I wanted to do something similar a while back, and DPP did say he'd write an
example but I think he got a bit swamped with other things. Ross is right
when he says you'd need to do something with ViewDispatchPF:

type ViewDispatchPF = PartialFunction[List[String], Either[() =>
Box[NodeSeq], LiftView]]

Does that help?

Cheers, Tim