Not sure how much it worths but I'm having second thoughts about this
because it feels to me like it drifts away from the Lift's templating
idiom. Accessing arbitrary objects properties/methods seems to bring
lift closer to JSF kinds of things and I don't really see what problem
this actually solves as snippet invocation.

<lift:product.name />

can simply return a Text(product.name) ... or with implicit
conversions just:

def name(xhtml: NodeSeq): NodeSeq = product.name

Bringing data objects into template giving them global page scope
seems to me that it kinda opens Pandora's box.

Maybe I'm paranoiac or just wrong but that's how I see it
currently ....

Br's,
Marius