Jeff,

All you need to do in your application to get access to HttpClient is
add this to your pom.xml:

    <dependency>
      <groupId>org.apache.httpcomponents</groupId>
      <artifactId>httpclient</artifactId>
      <version>4.0-beta2</version>
    </dependency>

then make the relevant import in your scala file. I would strongly
suggest checking out this:

http://databinder.net/dispatch/About

Its a scala wrapper on http client.

Cheers, Tim