I am moving nicely with my 'save all dates as millis and let the
client localize for display' project, learning while enhancing the
ToDo sample app.

I have added a 'dueOn' field, and that is displayed as swappable
ajaxText, similar to the other fields in the tutorial.

I have enabled datepicker for the ajaxText field via jQuery, and have
a parsing function attached an event listener, so when datepicker
finishes, the date is converted to millis, ready for Lift to send back
to the server and save.

So far, all good.

The problem is that Lift's ajax starts ('onblur') before it has a
chance to see the new date value, so the new value is never saved.

What I need is a way to tell Lift to wait until after my parser has
had a chance to write the changed value.

I like the ajax style, so I don't want to make a 'submit' form, and
'onchange' won't do it either, because the value is actually changed
twice (once to a formatted date, once to millis).

What I need is some way to say, 'OK to start ajax now'!