---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Josh Suereth <joshua.suer...@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, Aug 16, 2009 at 8:40 PM
Subject: [scala-user] Scala Lifftoff (Reston, VA)
To: Scala User <scala-u...@listes.epfl.ch>

Greetings All!

We're organizing a Scala Lift-Off "unconference" event for Friday, October
30th in Reston, VA (A Short hop away for those attending the OOPSLA
conference).  For those of you who may be unfamiliar with the unconference
phenomenon, here's a PDF <http://bit.ly/ZclE7> that outlines the process.

Topics likely to include:

   - Initial Steps in Lift
   - New Features to 2.8.0 -> How can we leverage them?
   - Functional Library Design
   - Continuation Based Programming
   - Concurrency Paradigms in Scala (STM, Actors, etc.)
   - Binary Incompatibilities -> Dealing with an evolving Scala Ecosystem
   - "Whittling an API" -> Crafting DSLs in Scala (Thanks Nathan for the
   great name!)
   - Scala Integrations -> Using Scala with existing projects, e.g. EJBs,
   Seam, Spring, Hibernate, Wicket ....
   - Scala Build tools -> Which should I use?
   - What IDE should I pick and how to become effective with it

Sign up is available here<http://www.scalaliftoff.com/happening/Reston+VA+09>.
(More website remodeling to come in future weeks).

There is a discount available for full-time students/academics, please email
me for the discount code.

This event is being sponsored by FGM, Inc.  They are located at 12021 Sunset
Hills Rd #400, Reston VA.  A Special Thanks for all their support of the
Scala community!

We look forward to your participation!

- The Scala Liftoff Planning Team

Git some: http://github.com/dpp