Hi Bjarte,

I am the one who wrote that post. It came out of a 1 hour presentation
that I did for my local java user group to show what lift can do. So it
was very minimal. Since most people attending are new to both
Scala and Lift.

I second David's suggestion. For a more full featured version
check out

http://demo.liftweb.net/chat

In fact http://demo.liftweb.net/ has quite a bit of example.
And I believe all the code are also available from David Pollak's
github repo.

Thanks,
Mac