I am totally new and interested in scala & lift. what I have is a
little Java knowledge. Aftering reading to-do application at the
website, I got the following questions:

1) where and how to setup database? the tutorial never mentions
database setup,

2) how does lift support database migration? the tutorial says to use
Schemifier, but what I am thinking is if I remove a column, merge db
columns, etc. how does lift handle? or, where may I find such
instructiion?

3) internationalization support. how does lift support this?

4) how does lift compare to Grails?  I have some experience on Grails.
Developer may build an app in a extremely fast way. but, lift looks
not as fast as Grails. The speed I mentioned is not app performance, I
am talking about speed to build an app.

Forgive me if above questions are dummies. but it is really helpful
for a real beginner like me. Thanks for any help on these questions.