For the laboratory website I am building I need to keep track of
batches of samples as they are being processed, and would like to do
so with a request parameter in the URL.  Right now, I am manually
adding this parameter to every link:

object batch extends MappedLong(this) {
    override def displayName = "Batch"
    override def asHtml: Node = <a href={"/analysis/ipbatchsamples?
batch="+batch.is}>Batch {is}</a>
}

There must be a way with lift to pass this batch information along
without having to store it on the server, but being new to lift I
haven't been able to find it.