Indeed. it's important for Lift archetypes to be able to 'pull' the
prerequisites from 'known places' (great if available in a maven repo,
explicitly fetch otherwise).
This Cappuccino archetype presents a scenario where we would certainly
have to do this.

Licensing being one strong reason, the other two being weaker coupling
on versions and lightening up Lift's codebase by avoiding additional
'payload' within.

IMHO, we might even go all the way and have Lift follow similar
strategy even withing it's framework licensing or no licensing.
Particularly for JS and CSS libraries instead of having them (a)
'bloat' the codebase and (b) force Lift as a framework be responsible
by default for version updates (bug and security fixes) of these
libraries.

Cheers, Indrajit