marius d. wrote:
> I'm thinking that instead of:
>
> <button onclick="liftAjax.lift_ajaxHandler
> ('F1029758482780OTA=true',null, null, null); return false;">Press me</
> button>
>
> We could have:
>
> <button onclick="liftAjax('F1029758482780OTA')">Press me</button>

This is not what I had in mind at all. You still have the event handler
in the HTML. The idea, I thought, was to attach the event handler from
an external file using the id (or class) of the button element.

Maybe I'm living on a different planet (a distinct possibility and one
I've been giving much thought to recently), but virtually every JS
programmer I know considers this a best practice, and it has been
considered so for many years.

Frankly, and maybe I'm just a bit dull, but I can't conceive of what the
advantage to the above change might be. What am I missing?

Chas.