On Sep 15, 11:44 pm, David Pollak <feeder.of.the.be...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 15, 2009 at 8:28 PM, Ike <ikes...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
>
> > I've seen in a couple of posts here that I can just update the
> > corresponding dependencies in the POM and get the updated libraries. I
> > did this for both the Lift libs (1.0 -> 1.0.2) and the Scala lib
> > (2.7.5 -> 2.7.6).
>
> Lift (1.1-X and 1.0.1/1.0.2) is compiled against Scala 2.7.5  This is the
> version you should be using.
>
> Do not upgrade to 2.7.6  2.7.6 is a broken release.

Got it. Thanks David.

What about the upgrade process itself? Is editing the POM the
recommended way? What would be the proper way to verify the proper
versions/combinations to use in the future?

Any plans in the works for upgrading existing projects and keeping the
lift/scala libs in sync? It would be great if we could do something
like mvn upgrade 1.0.2 or mvn upgrade current to take care of this, at
least for minor upgrades.