Hi Keith,

You're missing a step in the process.  The auth_token needs to be
authenticated with facebook before you request a session.  You would
do this by visiting a url like

http://www.facebook.com/login.php?api_key=KEY&auth_token=TOKEN in a
web browser.

I am using the FB API in a connect application, but have forked to
speak json and added a few extra calls.

- Jon