LIft doesn't explicitly add jsessionid to the URL but it calls
encodeUrl on the HttpServletResponse. If in the container you have the
cookies turned off URL rewrite comes into picture. This is because we
need lift apps to still work when cookies are turned off from
container. This is the correct behavior.

Your specific example sounds like a bug and I'll try to fix it
tomorrow.

Br's,
Marius