Jeppe> We've made primary/secondary navigation where primary
navigation is ...

I did something similar..found it difficult to work with the default
snippets.
But found it hard, when writing my own group snippet, to identify the
current Loc within the LocGroups Locs.

So Jeppe, would be very interested in your code for that snippet. Mine
is below (only slightly modified from Menu.group). But it's not yet
quite there.

I also had a fiendish problem (lift 1.0.2 scala 2.7.5) when trying to
use attributes li:class="x" li_item:class="y" on the tag. Isn't that a
standard technique? Does it work for everyone else? For me, Scala
chokes on that with a syntax error (further experiments suggest that
it doesn't like two attributes with same name and different prefix,
perhaps also because BOTH prefixes are from an unknown namespace). Of
course it doesn't show you the exact error but faults with an
IllegalArgumentException on scala.io.Source, but this has been
discussed elsewhere. Anyway, that's why I have the new unprefixed
attributes in the code below.

  def menuGroup(template: NodeSeq): NodeSeq = {
    val a_attrs = S.prefixedAttrsToMetaData("a")
    val li_attrs = S.attr("normalclass") match { case Full(c: String)
=> new UnprefixedAttribute("class", c, Null); case _ => Null }
    val li_sel_attrs = S.attr("selectedclass") match { case Full(c:
String) => new UnprefixedAttribute("class", c, Null); case _ => Null }
    val currentLoc = LiftRules.siteMap.open_!.findLoc
(S.request.open_!) openOr null

    for (group <- S.attr("group").toList;
         siteMap <- LiftRules.siteMap.toList;
         loc <- siteMap.locForGroup(group);
         link <- loc.createDefaultLink;
         linkText <- loc.linkText) yield {
      val a = <a href={link}>{linkText}</a> % a_attrs
      var li: Elem = <li>{a}</li>
      if (loc == currentLoc)
        li % li_sel_attrs
      else