On Sep 21, 4:29 pm, David Pollak <feeder.of.the.be...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> Well.. there's a Java way of doing exactly that: fork/join on a thread.
> Seehttp://java.sun.com/javase/6/docs/api/java/lang/Thread.html
>
> But to weave this into the page rendering, there would be some work required
> on your part: forking the threads early in the page render cycle and then
> harvesting their results as each snippet is called.
>
> It might be an interesting feature for Lift, however, to allow for the
> forking of snippet execution that would be resolved at the end of page
> rendering.  I've added a ticket to add this feature to Lift.

Wouldn't it be more efficient to use lightweight actors for this
instead of forking threads?  I have been looking at Erlang too and may
be confused about the Scala actor model because I am new to Scala, but
I thought one of the points of the Scala actor model is not to use
threads in a case like this.