I am still having this problem so I will post a simple example. Say I
want to display a list of the numbers 1 to 100. And suppose I have an
object Foo and a method bar, which takes an integer and returns an
integer. And bar takes about 10 seconds to return. So I want to
display the numbers, run Foo.bar on each of them in the background,
and then update the display via comet to replace each integer with bar
of it. I got the Clock example to work and I think I understand what
is going on there. Could somebody show me how to do this example in
terms of the Clock example? Or just a few lines of code to suggest how
to do it?