Oh I'm sorry, I got tunnel vision and did not read the rest of your
code. You'll not be able to do quite what you want, since this.id is
on the javascript side and the NodeSeq is on the server side.

If you really want this.id within that div, I think you'll have to
construct or modify the div on the JS side. I rummaged through the
Lift jQuery docs and I couldn't find something that will append/inject
to a JQueryLeft (such as JqId) but using a JsExp and not a fixed
NodeSeq. This is not to say there isn't such a thing, just that I
couldn't find it. Of course, you can whip this up using the lower
level javascript stuff:

AnonFunc(JqId("item-save") ~>
          JsFunc("empty") ~>
          JsFunc("after", Call("jQuery", "<div> was toggled</div>") ~>
                          JsFunc("prepend", JsVar("this", "id"))))

Of course, at that point I'd just say it might be a better idea to
write the JavaScript directly, since this expands to

$("#item-save").empty().after($("<div> was toggled</div>").prepend
(this.id));

-Ross