Please file an issue for the first one on Git:

http://github.com/dpp/liftweb/issues

As for logging the generated SQL, check out this thread:

http://groups.google.com/group/liftweb/browse_thread/thread/36b9080ded72d6e5/b9e7e5724f6594e3?hl=en&lnk=gst&q=logging#b9e7e5724f6594e3

Let me know if that doesn't show you what's being executed.

Derek