Javarebel will certainly help here, but it wont solve the problem
entirely as there are always going to be somethings that it cannot
replace dynamically.

Regarding the question about goals, this is the maven syntax:

mvn <goal> <goal>... etc

so, install, and jetty:run are goals in maven terminology.

Cheers, Tim