Well, I am a scala newb, but I know maven all too well.  I ran "mvn clean
install" from the lift-paypal dir to install lift-paypal-1.1-SNAPSHOT.jar to
my local repo.

To be sure, I changed the signature as follows which does cause errors:
def actions: PartialFunction[(PayPalInfo, Req), Unit]

Change back to def actions:
PartialFunction[(Box[PaypalTransactionStatus.value], PayPalInfo, Req), Unit]
and no errors.