On Tue, Oct 13, 2009 at 3:04 AM, Hannes <hannes.flo...@gmx.li> wrote:

> You can use Apache to secure your page with HTTPS.

This is correct.  The web server that sits in front of your application is
responsible for dealing with the HTTP(S) traffic.  You can use Apache, Nginx
(my favorite) or Lighttpd <http://www.lighttpd.net/> as your front end and
Jetty, Tomcat, etc. as your servlet container where your Lift application
lives.

Jetty and Tomcat can also serve HTTPS, but it's generally better to have a
native code container running on port 80 (you need to be root on Unix to
listen on port 80) that proxies requests to your servlet container.

> Hi all,
> >
> >   How can we create the website and all the links are https?
> >
> >   Just like:   www.xing.com
> >
> >   That all of the operations and communications are used https.
> >
> >   Thanks very much !
> >
> > Cheers,
> >   Neil

Surf the harmonics