Ok, now we have an improvement. I did the following:

I replaced the following part of my pom.xml:

>>   <repositories>
>>     <repository>
>>       <id>scala-tools.org</id>
>>       <name>Scala-Tools Maven2 Repository</name>
>>       <url>http://scala-tools.org/repo-releases</url>
>>     </repository>
>>   </repositories>

with:

   <repositories>
     <repository>
       <id>scala-tools</id>
       <url>http://scala-tools.org/repo-snapshots</url>
     </repository>
     <repository>
       <id>scala-tools-releases</id>
       <url>http://scala-tools.org/repo-releases</url>
     </repository>
   </repositories>

I run mvn jetty:run and there were no changes. Then added what David
suggested yesterday:

     <dependency>
       <groupId>net.liftweb</groupId>
       <artifactId>lift-mapper</artifactId>
       <version>1.1-SNAPSHOT</version>
     </dependency>

I run mvn jetty:run again and it started downloading jars like crazy.
So now I have a lift-mapper-1.1-SNAPSHOT.jar, but I receive a warning
when the server starts:

2009-10-16 13:31:32.768::INFO:  jetty-6.1.21
2009-10-16 13:31:32.908::INFO:  No Transaction manager found - if your
webapp requires one, please configure one.
2009-10-16 13:31:33.154::WARN:  failed LiftFilter:
java.lang.VerifyError: (class: net/liftweb/util/EmptyBox, method: open_
$bang signature: ()Ljava/lang/Object;) Can only throw Throwable objects
2009-10-16 13:31:33.155::WARN:  failed
org.mortbay.jetty.plugin.jetty6pluginwebappcont...@3549494e{/,/Users/
gacilu/NetBeansProjects/gaTribesServer/src/main/webapp}:
contexthandlercollect...@6f1a7e7f: java.lang.VerifyError: (class: net/
2009-10-16 13:31:33.155::WARN:  failed handlercollect...@3466fcd5:
java.lang.VerifyError: (class: net/liftweb/util/EmptyBox, method: open_
$bang signature: ()Ljava/lang/Object;) Can only throw Throwable objects
2009-10-16 13:31:33.155::WARN:  Error starting handlers
java.lang.VerifyError: (class: net/liftweb/util/EmptyBox, method: open_
$bang signature: ()Ljava/lang/Object;) Can only throw Throwable objects
        at net.liftweb.http.LiftRules$.<init>(LiftRules.scala:231)

Is this warning important?

Thanks for your help guys. I really appreciate it.

GA