2009/10/22 David Pollak <feeder.of.the.be...@gmail.com>

> On Wed, Oct 21, 2009 at 8:46 PM, Jonathan Ferguson <j...@spiralarm.com>wrote:
>

>> I have a StatefulSnippet  that uses a CometActor to keep users
>> informed when performing a lengthy task, much like the example on the
>> demo site ( http://demo.liftweb.net/longtime).
>>
>> The only difference being I pass the CometActor an identifier  so it
>> knows which job to inform the user about.
>>
>> When the task is over I need to display a form to the user, which I
>> would assume would be rendered by the snippet.
>>
>> How does the actor tell the snippet the task is complete ?
>>

> The Actor has to know about the snippet... you could send the Actor a
> message with a reference to the snippet and then call a method on the
> snippet when the Actor is done.  Does that do it for you?

I don't see how I can I do that.  Currently the comet actor is setup in a
snippet, see below, how  do get a reference to the actor to send it a
message ?

   <lift:comet type="WatchDog" name={id} >
   </lift:comet>

 The id being passed via the name parameter is a reference the job to
monitor. I mention this only as I'm not sure if it's bad form or not.