At work, I configure the root pom.xml with (increase size of parent
pom.xml but define the rules for every children (idem for
dependencies))

    <pluginManagement>
      <plugins>
        <plugin>
          <groupId>org.scala-tools</groupId>
          <artifactId>maven-scala-plugin</artifactId>
          <version>2.12.2</version>
        </plugin>
        <plugin>
          <groupId>org.codehaus.mojo</groupId>
          <artifactId>buildnumber-maven-plugin</artifactId>
          <version>1.0-beta-2</version>
        </plugin>
        <plugin>
          <artifactId>maven-eclipse-plugin</artifactId>
          <version>2.6</version>
        </plugin>
        <plugin>
          <groupId>net.alchim31.maven</groupId>
          <artifactId>maven-basicwebstart-plugin</artifactId>
          <version>0.2</version>
        </plugin>
        <plugin>
          <groupId>org.jvnet.maven.incrementalbuild</groupId>
          <artifactId>incremental-build-plugin</artifactId>
          <version>1.2</version>
        </plugin>
      </plugins>
    </pluginManagement>