What's stopping the instances from managing themselves?

-------------------------------------
Jim Barrows<jim.barr...@gmail.com> wrote:

On Mon, Nov 2, 2009 at 1:16 PM, Vesa <brut...@gmail.com> wrote:

> By the way, why orm classes need to be aware of the companion object?
> Could this dependency be eliminated somehow?

The Mapper/Record companion object is where the code to do all the DB stuff
lives.  These are all static methods, they don't really change per instance
of the class itself.  The companion object is one way Scala allows you to do
this.  It's probably also the most convenient.
An answer to the question: What is the rationale behind having companion
objects in
scala.<http://stackoverflow.com/questions/609744/what-is-the-rationale-behind-having-companion-objects-in-scala>

--
James A Barrows