Peter Robinett <pe...@bubblefoundry.com> writes:

> I've been working with lift-flot a lot recently and I'd like to share
> some thoughts and suggest some improvements. It's a very useful
> interface to a great Javascript plotting library, so consider these as
> small suggestions from a fan.

I had some of the same concerns as you a while back. I ended up writing
a wrapper to the JqPlot library instead since it better matched the
features we needed.

But the inner workings are about the same, so maybe you can use some of
the ideas. I'm mainly using category plots with name/value pairs.

I have basic structure for a single series:

class CategorySeries[T](val categories : List[T], val values :
List[Double], val name : Option[String])

And a complete dataset:

class CategoryDataset[T](val series : List[CategorySeries[T]], val name:
Option[String])

I then defined several different plot types that "do the right thing"
with respect to the dataset:

class BarChart[T] (dataset: CategoryDataset[T])
class StackedBarChart[T] (dataset: CategoryDataset[T])
class PieChart[T] (dataset: CategoryDataset[T])

etc

I haven't made any partial updates so don't know how well this works
here :-)

/Jeppe