Guys,

I have some major issues with LiftRules.explicitlyParsedSuffixes - I
just wasted almost a whole day yesterday chasing around what I thought
were bugs in my code but were actually issues with the new suffix
handling. The list of defaults are just wayyyy to narrow. Missing out
standard web formats like pdf, swf and that little know
format .txt ;-) This is causing me all sorts of hard-to-debug issues -
no errors, no warnings etc; just blank screens.

Can I suggest the list of defaults is made much larger and encompasses
all manner of formats and that some warning log messages are added to
Req so that if what you want is not in the list it gives you some note
to that effect. Ones that are obviously missing:

pdf
txt
tif
tiff