Hi,

I'm a Lift newbie so I don't know if my way is the "right" way but
here goes:

I generated my app using the archetype lift-archetype-basic in order
to get the database configuration stuff to Boot.scala. Then i created
two files src/main/webapp/WEB-INF/classes/props/default.props and
production.default.props. When developing I want to use an in memory
database so I added:

db.driver = org.apache.derby.jdbc.EmbeddedDriver
db.url = jdbc:derby:my_database_name;create=true

to default.props. I want to use MySQL on the "production" server so I
added:

db.driver = com.mysql.jdbc.Driver
db.url = jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/my_database_name
db.user = my_user
db.password = my_pass

to production.default.props. On the "production" server I user Tomcat
with -Drun.mode=production.

I hope you get some ideas about my configuration.

Leo