Tim,

The scala-tools maven site honors the package link defs.

Did you do scaladoc generation as part site build or as part of
scala:doc?
I am assuming you did the later. And quite likely the configuration
for the jvmArgs (-DpackageLinkDefs in particular) isn't getting
propagated from report plugin to build plugin. Please confirm if this
is the case.

Either way, please raise a ticket. I'll take a look tomorrow or day
after.

Cheers, Indrajit