Putting a <body> tag in templates is pretty much the only way to go.  If you
don't put the body tag in the template that surrounds a given page's custom
content, then you have significant issues related duplication in each page.

It is the developer's responsibility to make sure that the HTML is valid.

On Tue, Dec 1, 2009 at 7:26 AM, tiro <tim.romb...@googlemail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I think it is documented somewhere in the Liftbook that one should not
> use body tags inside a surround tag, but Lift doesn't seem to
> complain.
>
> I thought I would document the phenomenon I had here since people
> usually look in the mailing list first.
>
> I had used two nested surround templates, where both templates used a
> body tag. (The inner template would start by surrounding itself with
> the outer template, then bind the working content itself inside the
> body tag).
>
> Worked fine in Lift 1.0, but in 1.1, the working content would appear
> twice in the generated HTML, once at the very beginning, and then in
> the correct place inside the two nested surround templates.
>
> Long-term, it would be great to get an error message in this case.
>
> Regards,
> Tim

Surf the harmonics