On Fri, Dec 4, 2009 at 10:06 AM, jlist9 <jli...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm just curious why is smack required. Does Lift use XMPP? Or is it there
> in case someone uses XMPP in an application?

The 1.0 archetype references lift-core.  lift-core is the umbrella for all
the Lift modules including XMPP, AMQP, Facebook, PayPal as well as WebKit,
Mapper, etc.

It was my vision that Lift should contain all the pieces to connect your
application to many forms of real time data, events, external services, etc.

The vision narrowed post 1.0 release.

If you remove the lift-core reference in the pom.xml and insert references
to lift-webkit, lift-util, and lift-mapper you app will run fine and not try
to download XMPP or AMQP support.

> On Fri, Dec 4, 2009 at 7:23 AM, David Biesack <david.bies...@sas.com>
> wrote:
> > While helloworld works (mvn jetty:run) from
> > http://liftweb.net/docs/getting_started/mod_master.html,
> > after installing the 'todo' app and try to build/run it
> >
> >  cd todo
> >  mvn jetty:run
> >
> > I get an error trying to resolve smack.jar

Surf the harmonics