Hi,

I have a project that works fine when I do: mvn jetty:run, however,
fails with a 500 error when I mvn:package and upload the jar to my
Jetty server. Here is the error I get:

20:04:52.801 ERROR! [SocketListener0-9]
org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(ServletHandler.java:
593) >11> /:
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at net.liftweb.http.provider.HTTPProvider$$anonfun$service$3.apply
(HTTPProvider.scala:55)
   at net.liftweb.http.provider.HTTPProvider$$anonfun$service$3.apply
(HTTPProvider.scala:55)
   at net.liftweb.util.ThreadGlobal.doWith(ThreadGlobal.scala:67)
   at net.liftweb.http.URLRewriter$.doWith(Req.scala:536)
   at net.liftweb.http.provider.HTTPProvider$class.service
(HTTPProvider.scala:54)
   at net.liftweb.http.LiftFilter.service(LiftServlet.scala:523)
   at net.liftweb.http.provider.servlet.ServletFilterProvider
$class.protected$service(ServletFilterProvider.scala:43)
   at net.liftweb.http.LiftFilter.protected$service(LiftServlet.scala:
523)
[...]

Here is my web.xml, it looks okay to me:

<!DOCTYPE web-app
"http://java.sun.com/dtd/web-app_2_3.dtd";>

<web-app>
<filter>
  <filter-name>LiftFilter</filter-name>
  <display-name>Lift Filter</display-name>
  <description>The Filter that intercepts lift calls</description>
  <filter-class>net.liftweb.http.LiftFilter</filter-class>
</filter>

<filter-mapping>
  <filter-name>LiftFilter</filter-name>
  <url-pattern>/*</url-pattern>
</filter-mapping>

</web-app>

I realize this isn't a terribly elucidating complaint... I read an
earlier post with the same error, but the solution was non-applicable,
as I am using mvn to both jetty:run locally (it works) and package (it
doesn't work).