David Pollak <feeder.of.the.be...@gmail.com> writes:

[...]

>> I did some digging and it seem an exception is being swallowed at line
>> 984 in MetaMapper.scala. So if some code in a mapped field throws during
>> boot, it is not included in the mappedFieldList.
>>
>> So I suggest just logging a warning here. Now that I know that instances
>> are created during boot, I can work around it...
>>

> Actually, I'm going to add the warning to S.redirect  Using it outside of an
> HTTP request is a less than optimal design and flagging that will achieve
> the larger goal.
>
> In terms of your code, this is a really bad mix of view and model.  Just
> sayin'

If you mean the fact that a redirect can happen in the data layer, I
agree completely :-) If something else, please explain, always happy to
improve the design.

But note that the underlying issue (that certain fields end up not being
considered by Mapper at all if an exception is thrown in some of the fields)
still exists. Are there any legitimate exceptions catched here that would
cause confusion if a warning was logged in this case?

/Jeppe