DMB pisze:
> This makes me wonder how these number compare to other Java frameworks
> as well as to Mono XSP.
>
> It's hard to do an apples to apples comparison with these things, but
> on the Microsoft side I've seen ASP.NET serve way more pages per
> second than that (2-3x), on what would now be considered outdated
> hardware. It probably helps that ASP.NET converts *.aspx pages into
> MSIL, which then gets compiled into machine code on first hit, so

That's the very reason .NET can't compete with JVM in terms of peak
performance.
Heavy inlining/devirtualization/optimistinc compilation is crucial to
JVM performance and you can only achieve that using runtime profiles
(well, there's PGO but that's different story).

Most people forget to even make sure they run hotspot server compiler
(-server) not to mention setting crucial to scala options like NewRatio
(scala generates lots of small object you don't want to be promoted to
old generation). Experimanting with options like
MaxInlineSize/ClipInlining/different GCs can also have huge impact on
performance.

lopex