Dirty solutions (If you already have maven installed and be able to build
lift with maven) :

0. replace
$HOME/.m2/repository/org/scala-lang/scala-compiler/2.8.0-SNAPSHOT/scala-compiler-2.8.0-SNAPSHOT.jar
by symlink to the directory with classes result from scalac scalac
compilation

1. Or at the end of scalac scalac compilation create a jar and copy
(override) t in place of
.m2/..../scala-compiler/2.8.0-SNAPSHOT/scala-compiler-2.8.0-SNAPSHOT.jar

2. Or you could run maven with the -Dmaven.scala.displayCmd=true then the
command line used to build will be displayed.
Copy the line into a .sh/.cmd
Modifie the location scala .jar to use the output of your scalac scalac
compilation.

Notes :
* the call of scalac is wrapped into a main able to handle a long list of
arguments from file (working with any version of scala).
* maven-scala-plugin was created to used classes (scalac) packaged into jar

Sorry to not provide a better solution.

/davidB