Hi
   I'm trying to use lift to right a back end for a system that
communicates via AMQP. The idea is to have a bunch of (threads?,
processes? actors?) that subscribe to some queues on a queueing system
and react to various messages by contacting various third party
systems and persisting messages to a database.

I was wondering firstly if it makes sense to use lift, or if it makes
more sense to pull various parts out of lift and use them?

Additionally, looking at the lift amqp code, it seems to be a little
out of date, especially with regard to amqp. Does anyone know if there
has been any active work on this segment?